Friday, November 19, 2010

Exploring My Personal Values- #2


To me, values mean standards or ideas which most people have about the worth of good qualities such as kindness, freedom, mercy, respect, and love. There are moral and social values; your values are your compass.  My top five values are leadership, family, honesty, health and knowledge.  Leadership is one of my top values because I really treasure it in myself and in others.  I treasure leadership because not only do I think that it is a very important quality to have, but I also believe that it will take you very far in life.  I believe that it will get you many job opportunities and it will lead you to make several friends and people that will respect you.  Family is one of my personal values because I believe family is the key to everything, they will stick by you no matter what, they will never judge you in ways that others do and they mean the world to me.  In my opinion, honesty is one of my key values in life because nobody enjoys to be around a liar.  If you are always honest and tell people the truth even if it is bad, they will respect that more than if you were to hide things and pretend that everything was fine.  Health is another one of my personal values because I play several different sports, and I think that it is always very important to stay fit and exercise as often as possible so that you don't get lazy.  It is really important to get all of your nutrition and water that you need to keep and maintain a healthy body and if you do, it will lead you to a longer and more fit life along with a feeling stronger and better about your body shape.  Finally, I also take knowledge as one of my values because it is always good to know about things before you actually follow through with them.  Having knowledge will lead you to be better in school and outside of school because knowledge is the key to everything.  Not everyone is born to be smart except if you practice and teach yourself about different topics then you will gain lots of knowledge, which will lead you where you want to go.  Therefore those are the top five of my personal values.  

No comments:

Post a Comment